Franchise Success: Women Finding Success in a Male-Dominated Industry
The franchise industry has always been predominantly male, with recent reports gauging upwards of 75% of current franchisees. fjällräven kånken Stora nike air max 2017 grijs Nike Roshe Run Goedkoop But more and more women are seeing the value of franchising, and franchisors are taking notice.
Part of the reason women have been drawn to franchising, Cheap Nike Shoes Outlet UK says Dina Dwyer-Owens, Nike Air Max Femme former chair of the International Franchise Association, is the training and support. chaussures nike Nike Air Max 90 II CamouflagDame “Women are collaborators,” she says, “so having a support team to rely on is really beneficial.” Plus, franchising is a quick-start vehicle, so women making the leap to owning their own business — whether from the corporate world or from home — can do so without years of planning.
What makes women key targets for franchisors? Mary Ellen Sheets, Air Max Pas Cher founder of Two Men and a Truck, Nike Air Max Dames Goedkoop finds that many traits play right into the hands of women in franchising:
- Networking: Women are natural networkers, a skill that’s fundamental to becoming a successful franchisee. Being a new business owner in town, explains Sheets, Adidas NMD PK Runner means going out into the community, introducing yourself, Air Jordan 1 Retro and attending events. Fjallraven Kanken Sale Kids Nike Air Max 90 Hyperfuse Heren Women tend to be good at networking within the business community and sustaining support systems with both men and women.
- Customer Service: Women with a nurturing side tend to excel at customer service — something on which a franchise’s success often depends.
- Managing Others: Sheets has also noticed that women are very good at managing other people, Adidas schoenen an ability that’s vital to training and retaining employees.
So who’s who in the world of female franchisees? Entrepreneur Magazine, Nike Air Max 2017 schoenen as part of their Franchise Players series, has shared many examples of women in franchising—from the group of three mothers who pooled their money to the former CMO who entered the franchise market after a successful career at a tech giant. Fjällräven Kånken No.2 Air Max 2015 Zwart Blauw Goedkoop We share below a few examples of success:
- The Flooring Girl Goes from Marketing Director to Franchisee
- Three Stay-at-Home Moms find Franchise Success
- Former Banker hedges risk to open handyman franchise.
But that’s not all. Fjallraven Kanken Mini As more and more women seek options to franchise, there are groups to support their decision. mochilas kanken baratas Air Max 2015 Zwart Rood Goedkoop From deciding on the franchise route to consistently running the business, Nike Air Max 2017 Heren rood support comes from both the corporate office and groups funded by the International Franchise Association.
For instance, the IFA offers the Women’s Franchise Committee, and the Women’s Franchise Discussion Forum to allow current and potential franchisees to set themselves up for success in the marketplace.
No matter the industry—from fast food to flooring—women are becoming the keys for franchisors looking to the future.